François Gaudet Stay Home 2020 21 Paint chip work

Paint chip work


  
The Plague 2020 

This story hasn’t ended yet, so while self isolating, I took a page out of my mothers thrifty playbook and fed paint chips samples from the hardware store into my black and white laser printer. These colourful, bilingual swatches can also be fed through the laser printer multiple times layering, images, text, even sheet music. I then further manipulate the paint chips with acrylic paint, ink or coloured pencils. I layer visual tones of colour and imagery that often repeat and resonate much like the breakdown (reel) music style. I photograph and reintroduce the reworked image, creating contemporary motifs with endless possibilities. The final swatch pieces can be explicit and ambiguous, combining fact and fiction of an emotional pandemic and hopefully post pandemic home. ☆



Paint chips  2020 


Acadian Breakdown 2020 




Fresh Hell Lady Slipper  2020




Cœur 2020 


Garçon 2020 


DeadheadHawk moth 2020








Stag Beetle 2020


The housefly 2020

Évangéline Clusterfuck Plague 2020





Merci / Thank you
 François Gaudet 2020

Commentaires

Messages les plus consultés